Hey Cornfarmer

Went and looked at the tranny today-lock ring (thrust ring) failed on what I would call the upper countershaft and took a tooth off a gear on the lower countershaft. Apparently, the earlier 5088's like mine had a splined countershaft and newer models had a keyed shaft. IH has discontinued the older style, so they can't replace just the gear-need an "update kit" with the keyed shaft and all new gears. Last time I talked to the dealership, they were going to verify this info and check alternatives to see what to do. Promised me they would make it right, but for now I don't know exactly what that means. Sure would like the 5088 back, but they did give me a 1086 to use for now. I will post updates when I learn any more. Thanks.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top