HF Die Grinder Thrust

Glenn F.

The output shaft on this good working cheapie HF die grinder has 1/16+ inches of thrust where the extension shaft moves in and out of an internal hex coupler (the black shaft moves in/out from chrome housing) Is this acceptable? It seems I should be able to adjust it out but so far I’ve been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Glenn F.

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2946.jpeg
    IMG_2946.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2945.jpeg
    IMG_2945.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
The output shaft on this good working cheapie HF die grinder has 1/16+ inches of thrust where the extension shaft moves in and out of an internal hex coupler (the black shaft moves in/out from chrome housing) Is this acceptable? It seems I should be able to adjust it out but so far I’ve been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Glenn F.
Correction: More like 1/8” thrust.

Dont want it to tight. I have had 2 HF freight die grinders for 30 years and they still work great. A straight shaft and an angle head.Use them a lot. I just keep oiling them in the air inlet every time i use them.

Dont want it to tight. I have had 2 HF freight die grinders for 30 years and they still work great. A straight shaft and an angle head.Use them a lot. I just keep oiling them in the air inlet every time i use them.
Very good. Thank you, Tom.

Glenn F.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back