HF digital handheld tachometer

crsutton81

Has anyone had any experience with these ? I have been looking at hand held tachometers to check speeds on small engines,electric motors,drive shafts, and the likes of. I wanted the old traditional rotary type which has a rubber tip that you press to the shaft to get a reading, but none can be found locally and the ones online are pricey for no more needs that it will receive. I did notice that HF has this digital type reasonable. Are they good or bad for these situations ?

I have one of the old school rubber tip type tachometers, had that thing for 40 years or more, somehow it has not gotten lost!

But after all this time, I still have some buyers remorse. It was expensive, and I have only used it a very few times. Not that I haven't needed it, but very seldom can it be used. Always seems to be something in the way or no access to the end of a shaft to use it.

I would not be opposed to trying the HF tach. Never tried one, but hold on to your receipt, they will replace or upgrade if it fails.

FWIW

Ordered this one off Ebay, $11.59 plus tax. Haven't gotten it yet.
Seller pays return postage if it doesn't work, so what do I have to lose?

Amazon has the same thing, has good reviews, for $18 or so.

We'll see
Digital Tachometer

(quoted from post at 10:35:57 09/06/22) FWIW

Ordered this one off Ebay, $11.59 plus tax. Haven't gotten it yet.
Seller pays return postage if it doesn't work, so what do I have to lose?

Amazon has the same thing, has good reviews, for $18 or so.

We'll see
Digital Tachometer
've had one just like that for many years. Very happy with it.

I've had a Harbor Freight digital laser tachometer for 5 or 6 years. I don't use it a lot, but when I have used it it has been satisfactory.

I bought a spark plug tack off ebay. The battery couldn't be replaced. Something to watch for.

I bought a second spark plug tack off ebay and I can replace the battery and it works great,

I haven't bought anything off HF in a while.
Just make sure you can replace the battery.

I have one that lives in my work truck. It hasnt failed me yet. I have had to buy more reflective tape though.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I stopped by there today and got myself one of them. I don't need one very frequently, but have had times where one would certainly have been handy.

I have 2 hf tachs, the first didn't work at all and the second works sometimes. Won't buy another.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back