High 80s by noon

rusty6

That is hot for us for this time of year. Well above normal. Getting windy too and of course still no rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future. Its reminding me of 1988. That was the hottest and driest year in my history and the closest we came to crop failure. 12 bushel per acre spring wheat.
I took this photo at the bison farm yesterday showing a few of the calves. The 27 acres of arable land there has been planted to some type of cover crop so hopefully it will grow them something to eat. Still being supplemented by hay bales for now.
mvphoto36871.jpg

(quoted from post at 12:22:32 05/29/19) Where are you located? If you don't mind me asking.
In modern view my location is listed (S.E. Sask) All of Sask. is in pretty much the same shape for moisture (lack of it).I don't know how many days of 80s temps and wind we can take before things start dying. Lawn mowers won't get used. Hoping there will be at least a short crop of hay to cut but at this point it does not look good.

that's not so bad, i remember one year it got so hot that corn popped in the field, the cows thought it was snow and froze to death....

You need to move farther south.
That way you can get some of the sea breeze.

That is one thing about living next to a large body of water.
It may be real humid all the time but it never gets real cold or real hot.
We often get to the high 90's but seldom see 100 or above.

Love the Bison reports. Will that be profitable for them ? Or is it a hobby ? Is that a regular farm fence backed by a
higher fence ? Any horns on those bulls ? Hope old man weather gives you
A break.

(quoted from post at 17:50:26 05/29/19) Love the Bison reports. Will that be profitable for them ? Or is it a hobby ? Is that a regular farm fence backed by a
higher fence ? Any horns on those bulls ? Hope old man weather gives you
A break.
Hi Bill. Hoping to get a video of the bison soon. They belong to a neighbour who is renting the space for pasture. That is a major highway in the background so they are well used to traffic. I don't think he has any bulls out there yet but later this summer. These are cows and calves. The fence is all new last fall. That page wire is about six feet high.

(quoted from post at 14:28:54 05/29/19) That is hot for us for this time of year. Well above normal. Getting windy too and of course still no rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future. Its reminding me of 1988. That was the hottest and driest year in my history and the closest we came to crop failure. 12 bushel per acre spring wheat.
I took this photo at the bison farm yesterday showing a few of the calves. The 27 acres of arable land there has been planted to some type of cover crop so hopefully it will grow them something to eat. Still being supplemented by hay bales for now.
mvphoto36871.jpg
Y'all can take some of my rain! my hayfields are starting to look more like a lake then a hayfield.

Y'all can take some of my rain! my hayfields are starting to look more like a lake then a hayfield.
We would take it. Grass does not grow well with no rain, 90 degree heat and wind with 17% humidity. More of the same to come. So far this May has been drier than 1988 and that was the worst year I've seen.

We'll take all the dry you can send up to Ohio. Only a little more than 20% of crops planted, this time last year it was 80%.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back