Hobart welder mig 140?

old-9

Looking at an add for a Hobart welder MIG 140. Anyone have anything on this model? Good/bad? thank you joe

Had mine for 10 years, give or take. No complaints. Mostly just use it for farm repair using flux core wire. I also built a set of pallet forks for my loader tractor. Never had a weld fail yet. I ve used it for aluminum once or twice, but I would suggest a spool gun if you plan to weld a lot of heavy aluminum.

This post was edited by MJMJ on 09/27/2023 at 04:42 pm.

I've got the Handler 135, which I believe is the same basic thing. Have had it for close to 20 years and used it a lot. Mine stays spooled with 0.023 solid core and handles all my thin stuff--the thicker stuff gets the 220 stick. Mine has the Miller gun on it, which was supposed to be a step up from the ones Hobart put on theirs at the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if it looked in decent shape.

I've had my 140 for about 10 years give or take. I've had absolutely no trouble with it. I use it for light farm repairs although when things get warmed up I've welded 1/4-3/8 metal with no problem at all. I keep .030 flux core wire in it all the time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I've had a 140 for at least 10 years.

I've used it mostly for auto body work and light fabrication. It's always done what it's supposed to do with no problems.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back