Horse Manure

This weed story is just an excuse for lazy people not to garden. If you have weeds get out your hoe, that is what it is for.
I don’t know if I’d subscribe to that theory, but the point is, with a little pre-planning you can eradicate many of the weeds beforehand. No point in planting any more weeds than is necessary.

I became interested in this topic when a few years back, I moldboarded a piece of land (in the spring) an average of 12” deep and planted corn on that. There were no weeds until the canopy was large enough to stunt their growth… never did get around to spraying herbicide because it simply wasn’t needed.

The corn loved that deep tillage I I loved all the money I saved on atrazine.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top