How do I wire John Deere Model B headlights

Hey, I have a 1944 model be hand start, no battery just magneto. And I was wondering if there was a way I could hook lights up to it, and if it s possible what would I need for that and where would I find it?

-Thank you

If you hook the lights to the mag it would ground it & tractor would not run. Put a
generator and battery on if you want lights.

These use 17 watts each which with a motorcycle or riding lawnmower battery would stay bright for more than 20 hours. Use 14 gauge Wire as follows: place and secure the battery for ease of charging. Connect the lights with a negative ground from the battery to the chassis of the Deere. Then a short 14 gauge wire to a 10 amp fuse (holders and fuses are at auto stores) and from the fuse a wire to the switch where you can reach it. Then a single wire from the switch to a T connection from there to each light. The light housing is grounded creating the other part of the circuit. Each connection should be made with solder and shrink tubing to make them reliable. Jim
one example.

Mount magnetic light with your favorite flavor 18 or 20 volt
battery unless you plan on traveling down the road at night a
lot

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back