How to seal transmission bearing carriers

T.R.K.

The transmission is for a MM model BG. I think it is a clark transmission.
The parts catalog shows no gasket for the differential bearing carriers, just steel shims between the carrier and the case to control the ring gear carrier placement.

I put it back together that way-with no sealer, just the shims- about two months ago and it is still waiting for its' turn to be installed in the tractor. I did put 90 wt. oil in it to keep the rust down, that was its biggest problem to start with.

Over the weekend I found it leaking-oozing slowly- at those shim gaskets. I checked, all four bolts are tight.
How do you guys seal those up?

I would have thought the carrier would have been inside of the case with no exterior to the carrier so no leak the axles would then have a gasket to the housing and all would be good. I guess that is what thought did for me.

Thanks for replying.

I actually considered using avaition sealer on the shims the first time around, but I was concerned about losing the bearing pre-load.
That is probably the way I am doing it this time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back