Hydraulics modification for a Allis Chalmers D15

I bought a small Heston 5530 round baler and need to have a hydraulic two way remote hook up to operate the lift gate. I thought if I could Tee into the pressure line that operates the the traction control booster and return line that I could do it that way but no luck. I am using the factory spool valve that was attached to the traction control valve but I cant get it to move and now my 3 point lift arms will not stay up. Is there any other way to tap into the tractors hydraulics and install a open center spool valve to operate the lift gate?

Upon further investigation I see you sell or at least at one time you sold an Allis Chalmers D15 remote hydraulic kit but it is not available online. By virtue of the fact that you are selling the kit, lends hope that it can be done. The picture shows a spool valve and hoses and connections. I have a couple of spool valves that I can use and I can get the hoses and connections locally I just need a diagram of how to tap into the D15 hydraulic system.

This post was edited by Laynenormantaylor on 07/05/2023 at 05:25 pm.

Hop on YouTube and find channel Ontario Vintage Tractors. He shows hooking up a two way valve to run a gehl round baler off a regular WD tractor.

If nothing else his video will give you ideas.

This is not hard to do. Mount a dual spool/two-way open center valve to the left of the seat. Run a hose from the return port on this valve to the left side of the torque housing and you'll find a plug directly under the sediment bowl. Install a hose on the inlet side of this open center valve. Plug this hose into the one and only hydraulic outlet on the tractor to the left rear corner of the seat. Place the LIFT/LOWER lever in the RAISE position and the new two-way valve is now ready to use. When you don't want to use it, place the lift/lower lever down and unplug the hose.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back