I-H C-28 Sickle bar mower

sirdavid

New User
Good morning everyone,

I am trying to fit a I-H C-28 sickle bar mower on a massey 35 tractor. I have some questions about the height adjustment chain attachment. I don't seem to have a good place to put it on the massey. Anyone have an idea where to attach this? I can take picture if needed.

If i read correctly on the forum, this chain is to control the height cut right? That's the problem I have, i don't have control of the height...

Also, anyone have any idea where I could get/buy manual for this mower? It would probably help me understand how to adjust it.

Thank you very much and have a great day,

David

We used Sickle Bar mowers all my life and I never heard of the lift chain being used to control the cut height??? Its to lift the bar at the end of cut and turning corners. Usaully the bar slides along on the
ground and you get a short cut. We mowed Sit-Aside Acres to control weeds and had a sled type runner on the end to keep blade up about 6 inches. Also used a small wheel on end sometimes to keep bar up a few
inches. I just came across these items on my scrap pile-maybe should save them?? The lift chain barely lifts whole bar up enough to clear the un-cut grass. cleddy

Do you have a 3 point mower? Pictures would help. I used a 25 and 27 which is almost the same mower a lot in the past 30 years on CRP grass, but mine were two point mounting. I still have some parts for that mower.

Hi David, I am familiar with the IH C-28 mower, mowed many hundreds of acres with one on an IH B414 and 434 tractors that had a place to hook a clevis on the rear frame to connected the height chain to.
See attached photo, does your MF-35 have the holes on the rear just below the top link attachment like the area circled in red in the photo?
I would put a bolt through those holes with a small clevis with a bolt small enough to go through a link on the height chain.

cvphoto132832.jpg

I have an F28 mower. I had to make the bracket to hold the uplink on my Super C. The manual says my mower is for a 300 utility tractor. It mounts on it just like
the picture of the back of the tractor posted below.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the answer ! I did what Jim said and it works !

This post was edited by sirdavid on 08/17/2023 at 08:57 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back