I think I may have an early grey Ferguson Pony - thoughts?

DHC1

New User
I bought a pony a couple of months ago just because I have wanted one for a bit, it didn't appear to be anything special, but it was close by and the price was right for the condition of the machine.

I got a little time to got take a closer look at it yesterday and it has me scratching my head. The serial number is PGA 19331, which indicates a 1952 production date. However...

The serial plate is marked Massey-Harris-Ferguson, there is some grey paint under the current red in spots, the front axle braces have the added plate welded to them like a Pacer, and when repainted, they put Pony decals where the Ferguson Pony decals were located on the side. This has me wondering if this were originally a grey Pony.

If it weren't for the axle and the serial tag, I'd write the grey off as primer and the decal location off as just what they wanted to do at the time.

Any thoughts?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back