Bulldawg91891
New User
1086 clutch light comes on when hot
IH 1086 TA/Clutch Pressure Question
I have a 1086 that I keep in Direct Drive all the time. Everything seems fine when it’s cold, but once the tractor gets good and hot, I’ll occasionally get the red clutch pressure light coming on while I’m driving, even though I’m not touching the clutch.
Today while cutting hay, I noticed the light would occasionally come on when I used one of the remote hydraulic valves to raise the cutter while moving. Most of the time it’s just the light coming on and the tractor keeps going normally.
Occasionally, though, when using the remote while moving, you can feel a quick jerk/slip for a split second when the light comes on. It doesn’t happen every time the light comes on.
If I push the clutch in, stop for a second, and let the clutch back out, the light goes off and everything is back to normal.
It seems to happen mainly once the tractor is hot.
What would you guys check first? Could using the remotes while moving cause the TA/clutch pressure to drop? Should I put a gauge on the MCV and check the pressure hot, especially when the light comes on?
Also, where exactly should I hook the gauge up and what pressure should I be seeing?
Thanks!
IH 1086 TA/Clutch Pressure Question
I have a 1086 that I keep in Direct Drive all the time. Everything seems fine when it’s cold, but once the tractor gets good and hot, I’ll occasionally get the red clutch pressure light coming on while I’m driving, even though I’m not touching the clutch.
Today while cutting hay, I noticed the light would occasionally come on when I used one of the remote hydraulic valves to raise the cutter while moving. Most of the time it’s just the light coming on and the tractor keeps going normally.
Occasionally, though, when using the remote while moving, you can feel a quick jerk/slip for a split second when the light comes on. It doesn’t happen every time the light comes on.
If I push the clutch in, stop for a second, and let the clutch back out, the light goes off and everything is back to normal.
It seems to happen mainly once the tractor is hot.
What would you guys check first? Could using the remotes while moving cause the TA/clutch pressure to drop? Should I put a gauge on the MCV and check the pressure hot, especially when the light comes on?
Also, where exactly should I hook the gauge up and what pressure should I be seeing?
Thanks!