Ihc 450 wiring diagram

IH Guy

Would anyone be able to help me find a wiring diagram (complete) for a 450 row crop Farmall tractor. I bought a harness a few years back and the schematic they
provide is unreadable. Most of the existing wiring is gone so what I would like is a diagram with color code. It has been converted to an alternator. Any help is
appreciated.

you wont be able to use the factory wiring with an alternator, there is many diagrams for that on here. and getting rid of the generator and regulator and ammeter gets rid of a lot of wires in the harness, and you wont have anything left, other than lights and ignition.

On the 450's it was pretty simple , ya had a black wire going out to the coil , ya had a yellow wire and a BLUE wire going to the Gen. . Coil wire would be of a 14 ga. and the Blue wire would be of the 12 or 10 ga. , the yellow would have been of a 14 ga. The Blue wire would have gone to the voltage reg. along with the yellow to the reg. on the field side . Now this is how a STOCK 450 would have been wired . Now i have changed a few Srock 450 gs to 12 volt As ORG. a GAS 450 would have been 6 Pos. ground and a Propane would have been a 2 volt Pos ground along with a diesel 450 and i have changed them to 12 volt pos. , For the coil i don't change it but add a resistor and change the wire over to the neg side of the coil , I do aw3ay with the 10-2 ga wire from the gen that was stock and got to no less then and 8 ga for the battery feed off the alt . I do away with the amp ga. and install a volt gauge due to the fact that Most alt.'s put out way more amps then the old gen.'s did and go direct to the hot post on the starter from the alt.. I use the yellow wire to excite the alt. off the acc side of the ing switch as this will not allow feed back and run on when the key is in the off. . For head lights i stay with color code aND USE A vILONT color wire off the light switch and feed the light switch with a 0 ga . off he starter Hot post to a 25 amp circuit breaker doing away with the SFE 20 amp fuse . Is it correct ????? but this is the way i do it . It is done neatly and looks somewhat factory when done and sofar my handy work has not burnt down any barns.

This will do it. Your color code should be based on which wires go where. sa some will be completely new. Jim
cvphoto159000.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back