Do you mean that as you make a turn the implementation swings into the turn and rubs thar tire? If so, limiting the swing should resolve it.I have a ford 850 tractor. The brush hog and pto driven tiller seems to be to close to rear tires. The implements rub the tires when I make turns. Any ideas of what to do?
PTO TILLER??? Explain. Likely the wrong length PTO shaft from mower to PTO. Pictures help.I have a ford 850 tractor. The brush hog and pto driven tiller seems to be to close to rear tires. The implements rub the tires when I make turns. Any ideas of what to do?
Welcome to YT we try to be responsive. Two options: limit the swing travel with mechanical restraints like chains or telescopic struts, or modify the implement attachment points to increase their rearward location + lengthening the drive shaft. Setting the rear tires outward may also work! JimI have a ford 850 tractor. The brush hog and pto driven tiller seems to be to close to rear tires. The implements rub the tires when I make turns. Any ideas of what to do?
If you are running 14.9 28s the mower will contact the tires if the top link is too long, as well as excessive side to side travel.I have a ford 850 tractor. The brush hog and pto driven tiller seems to be to close to rear tires. The implements rub the tires when I make turns. Any ideas of what to do?
Yes I have tried to limit the swing but the tiller seems to be in a bind. I thought maybe if I extend the 2 control arms that would helpDo you mean that as you make a turn the implementation swings into the turn and rubs thar tire? If so, limiting the swing should resolve it.
Thanks I’ll check on thatIf you are running 14.9 28s the mower will contact the tires if the top link is too long, as well as excessive side to side travel.
ThanksWelcome to YT we try to be responsive. Two options: limit the swing travel with mechanical restraints like chains or telescopic struts, or modify the implement attachment points to increase their rearward location + lengthening the drive shaft. Setting the rear tires outward may also work! Jim
thanksIf none of the other methods work just go to a quick hitch that would move your implement back about 3-6 inches . Big thing will be the spacing for the pins versus the qicktach. Might need to see if they could be tunred around to fit you quick tach or other means for it to wqork if not correct in the first place.
I have 13.6 28 tires thought about welding 4”-6” to new control armsIf you are running 14.9 28s the mower will contact the tires if the top link is too long, as well as excessive side to side travel.
You need stabilizer bars. They are $15-$20 on this site.I have a ford 850 tractor. The brush hog and pto driven tiller seems to be to close to rear tires. The implements rub the tires when I make turns. Any ideas of what to do?
Those bars are pretty indispensable for me. I use them with the rotary cutter, back blade, rear scoop bucket, sometimes with a drawbar,.......Again, stabilizer bars will stop the excessive swinging side to side.
A cheap, easy solution.
They are the bars attached under the axle directly below the fenders. If your tractor doesn't have those brackets under the axle you will need to get them, or have them made, too.
Those bars will solve your problem.
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy