Increase RPM's on SC

Gentlemen (in some cases Ladies.PC), I'm wanting to increase the governed rpm's (1400 rpm's) on my SC. The 230 has governed speed of 1800 rpm's and the governed speed of the 240 is 2000 rpm's (all 3 have the C123 engines). Looking at my parts book, the only difference I can find with the governors is the spring. I would like to get it up to the 2000 rpm range like the 240. Would changing the spring do the trick or is there something else that I'm missing? My reasoning to increasing the speed is for tractor rides and pulling. Thanks!

Probably some wear in your governor , need to correct that if your going to pull . NATPA say your SC is 1815 rpm no load Fast idle. so you can Go 1996 rpm for pulling . They will check you at check in at tech.
I included a photo of the springs from a Super A 1500 rpm fast Idle which I think you have in your super C . Youll need to get the correct spring for your Super C to give you the 1815 no load high idle. . You should change all the springs ,they are 70 years old if youre going to pull it. Need to get all the advantages you can for so little cost. Totally up to you
See the photo

cvphoto153034.jpg

I am running a governor spring out of a 504. I can get you the part number if you want it. I am running about 2 grand. When I mow, only turn it about 16 or 17K. When I tractor pull, I get the sled moving then go to wide open throttle. I have been completely thru the engine with the bigger piston and a lot of head work. I pulled in 3 or 4 NAPTA pulls a few times in Wichita, KS. They never checked the RPM, just wrote 1895 on the sticker and stuck it on the tractor. I quite pulling with them when they changed the rules to say farm stock had to have wheelie bars.

Thanks, I'm going to go completely through the governor and put in all new springs. If you have the 504 part number handy that would be appreciated, if not I can look it up.

I went thru mine in 2013. I also replaced the thrust bearing. #CAS 43481D $31.00. The spring was a #CAS 369686R2. $8.64. Got them at the local dealer, so there was no freight.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back