Industrial Loader mounted to Ford 5000 All Purpose

Hi Ya'll,
Bear with me as I'm a new member ... I've read many of your posts and done some homework but cannot find an answer to the following: can a Ford Industrial Loader (19-529; 730 series) be mounted to a Ford 5000 all purpose tractor. I see from various operating manuals that they were mounted to Ford 2,3,4 (SU), 4410, and 3400 tractors. I also see that the 772 were made for the 5000 but are considered by many as "light duty". I also know that that the 727 was designed for the 5000 but good luck in finding out much information ... or better yet in purchasing one. I'm also aware that other newer loaders can be designed (e.g. Westendor WL42, Farmhand 22 etc.) but the cost is ridiculous. I was quoted $9982 for the WL42. The reason I ask about the 19-529 is because one is for sale nearby. Any help would be appreciated. TKS.

I don't think a 730 would fit a 5000. It was never designed to fit a 4 cylinder 65+ chassis and the axle mounts will come up short of the 5000's rear axle. The 735 could fit a 5000, but again, you would need to find one with the proper frame to fit the longer wheelbase of the 4 cylinder 5000. The majority of 735 loaders were fitted with frames appropriate for a 3 cylinder chassis.

Thanks and much appreciated. I assume then my only options are to find the original 727/772 or to purchase (at a much higher dollar value) a FEL from Westendorf, New Holland, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong - did New Holland buy-out Ford...I'm asking to figure out what my next options might be. TKS.

I would say be careful about that. It's a longer tractor. What did it come from? Are all the mountings included? Can you try it before you buy?

Thanks for the reply cdmn. The 730 FEL came from a Ford 4000. He told me he blew the engine and was trying to salvage parts. I didn't ask how he destroyed his tractor but rather the asking price for the 730 ($1250 negotiable). I thought it to be a good deal as it comes with all parts plus the front pump. Not such a good deal if it won't fit ... He's not interested in try before you buy ... hence me reaching out to all of you here before purchasing an expensive paper weight.

There have to be used loaders designed for the 5000-7000. Maybe a dealer can find one for you.

Seems like a decent deal to me. Maybe it's good trade-in material. Or find
a 4000 to use it???

For the price and looks, it seems like a good deal. In fact, I suspect he's negotiable. If I had a 4000 or smaller, I'd have scooped it up already. Alternatively, if I knew more farmers with Fords, I'd bargain ... Thanks again. Time to keep hunting for that perfect fit.

The 772 replaced the 727, I think. The biggest difference between them is that the 727 has one bucket cylinder, the 772 has two.
I have a Westendorf TA26. With the right mounts, it will fit a 5000. I think I paid around $6500 (new), but that was several years
ago. their website can help you find what models will work with a 5000. (www.loaders.com) Find what models will work from them or
other makes, then keep an eye on craigslist - loaders show up there regularly, though you may have to buy new mounting brackets to
match your tractor.

Hi Fordfarmer - thanks for the reply. I'll have to re-examine the 772, as two cylinders would be better. I did indeed call Westendorf and have a quote for the WL42 (maybe the TA26 is cheaper - but I'll ask as $6K is better than $9.9K). However, I thought the TA26 was for all wheel drive tractors whereas the WL42 was/is for the 2 wheel - no? Thanks for the advice. Yep - looking now for a loader recognizing I'll likely need to purchase separate mounts. Much appreciated.

The TA26 fits LOTS of models. Mine is on a 2 wheel drive 4600, which is on the low end of the power it's rated for.

I wonder how hard it would be to put the loader from a 4400 on a 5000.
The front end would be a direct bolt on since they used the same bolster. But the length of a 5000 would be too long for the side frames to fit.
That loader I have is in good condition and is much more substantial than either a 730 or 772.

Hi Ultradog MN - thanks for the reply. I don't know much about the 4400's but as long as the front casting in the 4400 is the same as the 5000 all purpose and not the recessed casting for the front axle to oscillate in or the sheet metal front end, then the bolt on to the front should be the same and should work. Yep - and so now that's my concern with some others that are potentially available - the length of the side frames. I've thought about welding ... but a straight unabridged piece of steel is better than any welded piece. Wish I lived closer (I'm in MI) to try (and of course purchase).

Yes the 4400/5000 front bolsters are
identical.
But thinking about it here, a 4400 tractor
is much lower to the ground in front than a
5000 - like maybe a foot or so.
So I'm wondering if the lift arms would hit
your 5000 axle before the bucket reached the
ground. Something for others more familiar
with 5000s to think about and maybe weigh
in.
The only other issue I can think of is the
control valve handles would be too far
forward on a 5000 But that might be fixed
with some kind of handle extensions.
I know the 3 hole Fords pretty well but not
the 4 hole models.

Shaun,
I don't think that is correct.
Again, I'm not as familiar with the 5000s but on the 44/4500s the ps stuff is buried deep enough in the bolster to allow the pump shaft to pass over the top of it.

I don't think it would be that big of a deal. It WOULD be a real solid loader that wouldn't get beat up by a 5000, and relatively cheap, even with the modifications. What I see as a bigger issue is not having a good way to take it off when you don't need it. That was a pain in the rear when I had a 772; it would be worse with that industrial. Modern quick attach loaders are SOOO much nicer. On or off in about two minutes for a TA26, and no tools. No side frame to climb over when you're getting on or off the tractor, either.

In the 70s I worked at a ford dealer we got in a 5000 all purpose with a industrial loader. You need to remember the Ag tractor has an oil bath air cleaner and the industrial loader made it tuff to service at 3000 hrs the engine was ready for a rebuild.

My dad had an industrial loader with the front pump on a 5000 utility. It was put on when they were new. The loader side arms back to the rear axle were extended with 1/2 or 3/4 plate. With a piece of flat welded on edge on the bottom. It held up very well. Even when dad thought it was a D8 Cat. The combo is still together as far as I know

It looks like a tite fit. I put drive flange that I have laying around in my 5000 that has steering cyl in front support. Very very close.

I do not know much about the other loaders, but I have a 772 loader on my early
68 5000. When I bought the loader it came off of a 4000 tractor. The frame that
mounts under the back axles is universal, it will fit either the 4000 or the 5000
it has 2 large pin holes, you use the front holes for the 5000 or the back ones
for the 4000. The loader is not a heavy duty model but that being said there has
never been a job on our small farm that I have not tackled with it. Yes it has
cracked a few times and has been rewelded but then again I have hauled a lot of
large round bales with it. I am not saying there are not better loaders out there
but I have been quite happy with it. (it has a front mount pump)
a156775.jpg

a156775.jpg

730, or 735? The latter depending on your definition of easy; the former won't be easy by any stretch.

In the post above about the 4200 with a one arm loader, click on the link in the reply to see the 4200; then use the auction site navigation to go to the next lot. It's a 5000 all purpose with a TA26.
You could buy it and drop the tractor off here on your way home. :)

The 730 won't fit a 5000. A 735 set up for a 4400 will bolt right up, you just have to stretch by making plates for rear axle mounting.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies. I've shied away from the industrial loader as it seems there might be too many issues. And here I am again ... found a Westendorf loader mounted on a Long 560. While I don't know much about that loader as the owner suggests there are no identifying features, to me it looks like a WL-21 or WL-27. So here I am again. When I compare that loaders that can be mounted on the Long 560, according to Westendorf's website, both of those loaders make sense (as does a TA-26 and others). For the Ford 5000, Westendorf suggests a WL-42 ... but a rep from Westendorf says a TA-26 will also fit ... avoiding my question whether a WL-21 or WL-27 would fit. Would it be too short moving the FEL from the Long 560 to a Ford 5000. I know the best thing to do is to see it. Any advice? Its close enough for a trip to take measurments so I'm asking ya'll for help (advice).

Sorry ... I meant to say while I don't know much about that tractor "Long 560", I do know the FEL is a Westendorf. And while the owner suggests he has no idea what type of Westendorf FEL it is, to me, only looking at pictures, it looks like a WL-21 or WL-27. Sorry for any confusion.

Whoa...beautiful tractor! On a completely different note, anybody know much about Ford's production of square baler's and plows. I'm looking also (+ loader) looking at a 5 bottom plow. I'm going to assume parts are fairly universal?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back