Installing gear Shift Boot

Brokengun

Is there a secret to installing the rubber boot around the gear shift case housing.

The Rubber Boot for the gear shift lever on one of my 930 cases went bad. I bought from a seller on the net.

I can not get the rubber boot over the shift case housing. I have tried every trick I know with NO luck.

Here's the sad part, I have done this several times but this boot will not fit. and yes i have the Right part .

I turn them inside out and then turn them right side out while stretching over the casting.

I just put a set on my 830. As dkase said above. Turn the boot inside out, get them warm and flip them right over the lip. You will fight with them forever and probably tear them, like i did till I turned them inside out and rolled them over the lip. Quick and easy. Nick

I tried turning the boot inside out and I even warmed it in Hot water. I could not get the boot to roll.

I did the same thing again and this time I brought the water to boil for several minutes, with the same results.

I will try a third time. I know I have lost a lot of strength in my hands but I didnt think it was that much.

I had a boot that was off when I rebuilt my 800 last year. It was the original boot, and stiff as broom handle. I used a hooked pick and a couple of small screwdrivers to get it started and a rubber tap hammer to get it the rest of the way. Oh, and ya gotta hold yer tongue the right way....

The part is probably from the land of not quite right, but if you get it on, the tighter it is, the less likely it is to let water in the tranny

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back