international 300 utility gas engine

oregongus

New User
I'm concerned about using alcohol gas in my old tractor. Has anyone had any problems using it. non-alcohol gas is extremely expensive and 100 octane. Over kill for a 6.6 to 1 compression ratio. What are people using in these old engines?

No problem using the cheap gas in a tractor. I do so all the time in all my gas tractors and never had any problems

Alcohol absorbs moisture out of the air, first place you will see it, is look at the bottom of the Gas cap.Good luck!

Run it and don't think about it again. If it is new to you it likely has been run on E10 for many years. If you know it has had only pure petroleum fuel, or it has been sitting for years, cleaning the fuel system is in order. Don't use a in line filter unless it is designed for gravity fuel systems. NAPA has them. Jim

I use 87 octane pump gas (10% ethanol) with no issues.

However if the tractor is expected to sit unstarted for many months I either fill the tank completely and dose with fuel stabilizer (StaBil), or else drain it dry. Also close the fuel shutoff and drain carburetor (or run the engine until it quits). Otherwise moisture absorbed by the ethanol will cause gumming and corrosion in the fuel system. (I learned this the hard way....!)

Can't say what they bring with the fuel truck. I don't worry about it. The tractor runs every time I want to use it and never fails to start even down below zero. I use the same thing in my Stihl saw with no problems and have been for 20 years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back