international 656 hydro deceleration valve question

KDR12

New User
my international hydro 656 gas hi utility seems to not decelerate properly. When i move the forward/reverse leaver to slow down the forward movement it is almost like slamming on the breaks. i have also noticed on a video posted on u-tube the forward/rev leaver (when pulling the lever back to neutral) is suppose to stay in the forward quadrant and slide back to the middle of mechanical neutral when the tractor comes to a controlled stop, but instead it immediately goes to mechanical neutral even it the tractor is still moving forward. Could it be a problem with the deceleration valve?

Last edited:
My expertise is limited only to my experience with my hydro so take it for what it’s worth. It sounds like yours is operating exactly like mine. When pulling back, it’s closing a valve so it will be an immediate response. I use the inch pedal like a clutch when I want to be more in control of deceleration. That, and learning to finesse the lever shortened my learning curve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back