International Harvester F-2275

Hdonly

A friend of mine was doing some work for me on my property. He hauled his JD 490E excavator up here with this truck and trailer. That was in 2008. He has since had some serious health problems (blood clots, leg amputation and a stroke). He is now in recovery for the stroke and will never work or drive again. It has been sitting here since then. He is selling all his equipment. I am going to try and get this truck started for him so it can get sold. Curious what I need to look out for when trying to start this old Detroit 6V92 engine.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 42
  • truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 38
  • truck&trailer.jpg
    truck&trailer.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 41
Have the intake open so you can put a plate over it if it goes to run away with itself upon starting if the throttle ot governor is stuck open. Some have a flap with a trip on the intake for that. Look for it before trying to start it. Otherwise the usual check oil and rad. where is this setting at? Might be able to help some if wanted if not half way across the country. I'm in MI.

Either drain or siphon some fuel from the bottom of the tanks before cranking it. You don't want to plug the fuel system with watery crud.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back