jack part needed

ldj

I have a Hein-Werner 55 series hydraulic bumper jack. See photo and on very front right in middle there is a bracket with elongated slot in it. What goes there? I am thinking a wheel but why the elongated slot? I'm thinking wheel because that thing is hard to maneuver. Anyone have one of these could send a photo. I looked at Harbor Freight on line and didn't see anything I thought would work. Ideas appreciated.
Leo
mvphoto83406.jpg

Most of those jacks had a third wheel mounted there. Either the mount is the spring or the wheel has
a spring in the mount.Some how the wheel has to push up as the jack base goes down.

Part of it may have been cut off. From memory of using one years ago, and some images on line, that bar was actually curled with a small caster under it and worked like a spring. When the jack was fully lowered the beam pushed down on the strap lifting the front of the jack off the floor so it could be rolled on that front caster wheel. When the beam lifted the weight deflected the strap letting the front of the jack frame solidly onto the floor making it stable. The strap in this picture appears bent so the beam isn't hitting but it may just be the beam is lifted and the angle the picture was taken at.

mvphoto83408.jpg

I have only saw one Hein bumper jack like that and It had a solid steel roller about 6" long on the front like some anti scalping "wheels" on mower decks or a rolling pin.

Most of those jacks had a third wheel mounted there. Either the mount is the spring or the wheel has
a spring in the mount.Some how the wheel has to push up as the jack base goes down.

Someone was in high cotton all I ever used like that were screw jacks... : ( I still have the first one I brought why I keep it I dunno. We went to air from there and though it could not get any better...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back