JD-630 Rockshaft Oil In Differential

I have a JD-630 that is filling the differential with oil from the rockshaft. The tractor has 3-pt. When I use the rear blade and have the
blade in the air, the blade will settle and then jerk back up. The 3-pt does not hold the blade in one steady position. I have a manual and
plan to pull the rockshaft housing and fix whatever is leaking. Does anybody know what I need to look for when I have the housing off? Is
there a bushing or seal? Is the oil passing through the 3-pt? I guess I need a direction.

The tractor put so much rockshaft oil in the differential that oil started running out the brake housing. I drained 5 gallons out of the
differential.

Thanks.

If it is just leaking from the o-ring on the rockshaft piston it can be changed by just removing the rockshaft top cover and the shaft has to be slid part way out to get the piston up and out. You could likely run it with the top cover off and see where it is coming from.

A tin metal plug , like a frost plug , John Deere part number A3256R, on the front side of the rocker-shaft housing.. You need to take the rocker-shaft housing off to get a this plug... It just falls out, will be laying on the bottom.. Get a new one, and glue in with number-one permatex... Should be a press tight fit...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back