JD M-20 Sickle Mower info/parts

Landry

New User
I have "most" of a mid mount JD M-20 sickle mower that was my grandfathers. Unfortunately it sat in a shed that was falling down for many many years. The "pivot" point for the sickle blade is currently froze up, but I believe I can get it free. The rest of the unit seems to be usable after a tube of grease and lots of TLC. I bought a parts/ operating manual off evil bay, which tells me I am missing a few key parts.

I am missing both PTO pulleys, the shaft assembly that holds the second pulley and the female part of the small PTO shaft, guards, brackets and I m sure other bits and piecesBTW this was for my grandfathers JD model 40V tractor.

Anyone has a photo of a JD 40V (or something close) and mid mount M-20 sickle together would be greatly appreciated (can t tell how lift the chain runs) and especially any leads on finding ANY of the missing parts up to and including buying another M-20 mower for parts.

Thanks in advance
Landry

(quoted from post at 12:20:31 11/13/23) always help if we know where you are located.

Sorry, Zachary Louisiana
And usually anything I need is not close by, freight companies love me.

You will find that a lot of the cutter bar parts; i.e., guards, outer subsole, etc. are identical to the older sickle mowers
like the No. 5, etc. I even have some parts so when you get to working on the cutter bar and need something let me know.
Good luck with your project.

Thank you for that info. I found two extra "bars" with teeth, mower still has one half of the wooden tie-rod connected to the crank journal. Will need the two metal pieces that connect the wood tie rod to the ball connection on the blade.

Sweet! Thanks in advance.

Sorry seems a "new guy" to forum cannot (my guess?) see your email and "profile" tab will not allow a PM

Dave, just confirm you have them and we will work out the details

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back