JD Model 60 Float Ride Seat Option?

Our Phone System is Down!

Please use the Contact us Form

We are working to resolve the issue ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

Over the years I have been to a number of tractor shows and have seen a couple of JD 60 tractors sporting Float Ride Seats. I know this would be an easy upgrade by swapping out a seat from a 620 or 630, but was a Float Ride seat ever a factory option on a JD 60? I know Mr. Thinker would say "Look in your parts manual!" I have looked in PC 244 and have not seen a Float Ride seat listed. I probably have answered my own question, but I know in the world of JD a lot of things were not standard but happened anyway. Does anyone know of a Float Ride seat that made it out of the factory on a JD 60, possibly near the end of production? I have included a couple of pictures of 60s with FR seats from shows in my area. One is on a 53' and definitely would not have fallen into that late production scenario.

mvphoto48444.jpg

Above is a picture of a Hobbs Hour Meter that is a bonified piece of optional equipment on a JD 60 and other tractors. The Hobbs hour meter has been talked about on this forum before, but I thought it was an interesting option. I saw a JD 60 at the Southeast Old Thresherman's Reunion in Denton NC that had this option. The first two picture of the 60 with a FR seat was also at this show. The third FR seat picture came from the JD Days show in Kinzer, PA.

Float-ride seat was not a factory option. But is an easy up-grade later.... Hobbs hour-meter was a factory
option as was a speed-hour meter mounted on the end of the governor housing..

float ride seat on my 60 would be nice but my 60 is said to have original paint. The man I bought it asked are you going to paint this tractor I said no he said good I will sell it to you. If you are wanting to paint I will not sell it to you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back