John Deere 2130 Hydraulic Leak from pump

enrightj

Hi!

I recently purchased a 2130 this spring and overall it has been working great. The other day I noticed hydraulic fluid leaking around the front axle. Taking a closer look at the pump, the leak appears to be coming from one of the bolts around the hydraulic pump housing. Below is an image of my pump after pressure washing. I circled the nut it is leaking from.
cvphoto92258.jpg

Looking at the exploded diagram of the pump it looks like the pistons are housed under the nuts. Since I always assume anything mechanical is spring loaded, can I take the nut off and replace the seal without messing anything up or does the pump need to be removed?

Thanks,
Julian

Remove the pump, not too big of a job, replace all the seals....good for another 10000 hours.

Ben

The plug can be removed and the O-ring replaced.

There will be spring pressure on it, how much will depend upon what position the pump eccentric is in vs. that particular piston.

I don't see what you have to lose by simply replacing that one O-ring and seeing what happens since there's so little effort involved, the pump may (or may not) go for thousands of hours more with no further issues.

You can replace seal while pump remains in tractor. IIRC pump can be removed from tractor while radiator remains in tractor. There is a spring & piston under cap. If a lot of tension is on spring that can be received by rotating pump shaft a little

O-ring is part # R26375 & shield is AR101238

Thanks everyone! I ended up replacing the problem seal because I'm in the middle of haying. I'll re-investigate removing the pump and changing the seals later this year. It is definitely leaking less than it did before. I'll know more once I run the tractor up to temperature.

Thanks again!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back