John Deere 4230 conversion

viking4571

New User
Hello all, wondering if anyone has converted a 4230 from a cab, to cab-less unit. My dad's old tractor has very little functionality in terms of the cab a/c, and anything else. Wondered how I could convert this, and where I could find fenders, and a bypass pully for the a/c compressor if needed. Other challenges I might have? Just curious. I want something without any cab due to mowing under trees and such.... Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all, wondering if anyone has converted a 4230 from a cab, to cab-less unit. My dad's old tractor has very little functionality in terms of the cab a/c, and anything else. Wondered how I could convert this, and where I could find fenders, and a bypass pully for the a/c compressor if needed. Other challenges I might have? Just curious. I want something without any cab due to mowing under trees and such.... Any help would be appreciated.
How professional do you want it to look? Sounds like you have given it some thought as you are thinking about buying fenders. Some guys just go at it with an acetylene torch but then it looks real ragged. Green Light Products in Penn Yan, NY salvages JD tractors and might be worth a call to see what they have for fenders. 800-730-4020 M-F. They repair tractors as well so they may be able to help with other questions.

If the place NY 986 suggested is close to you great if not, you might add your general location to your profile there might be places closer to you people will suggest.

The parent company of this site, PartsASAP, operates a number of salvage yard. You might check with them.

If the place NY 986 suggested is close to you great if not, you might add your general location to your profile there might be places closer to you people will suggest.

The parent company of this site, PartsASAP, operates a number of salvage yard. You might check with them.
He has his location listed, just like you have yours listed.

Dont know if they are still there,but 'North 81 Salvage' (north of Wichita)or the yard at Concordia might have what you need.Billy DeBoer at Mitchel Neb will undoubably have it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back