John Deere 4430 Neutral safety switch

cbrook0977

New User
I have a JD 4430 that won't start. I've checked the starter and it's good and we've put a new solenoid on. I put a jumper wire on the neutral safety switch and it still won't start. It will start if you jump the solenoid though, I'm also not getting 12V down to my safety switch. I have put a wire of 12V key switch power to the neutral safety switch, and the starter stays engaged when started. Any suggestions on where I should look next?

Glad to see somebody that wants to repair it correctly instead of Jimmy rigging the safety features out .
There are some circuit breakers under the left side of the dash that fail or develop high resistance connections with age ,
Environment and vibration .

power goes from the left side of the buse bar to the ignition switch when the key is twisted to start power goes to the safety switch then to the solinoid on the fire wall then it energizes that solinoid sending power to the little terminal on the starter,,search this out to find your problem

Your 4430 may have a ground side neutral start switch, and if so you won't get voltage to the neutral start switch.

Here's a schematic that may help. The starter relay is located on the engine side of the firewall, the starter solenoid is on top of the starter.

There is a 2 pin connector located on the right side, and just in front of the sound gard body, at the back of the engine compartment. This is the connector to the neutral start switch. I've seen those be a problem in the past.

K

cvphoto87873.jpg

(quoted from post at 20:42:46 05/09/21) power goes from the left side of the buse bar to the ignition switch when the key is twisted to start power goes to the safety switch then to the solinoid on the fire wall then it energizes that solinoid sending power to the little terminal on the starter,,search this out to find your problem

I agree with Tim.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back