John Deere 5045e

Vicinalvictor

The year is 2015, and the fuel gauge quit working. Any idea what it could be? The tractor has less than 500 hours on it and is in nice shape.

All the gauges move when the key is turned on and then go back to their normal resting position. However, the fuel gauge moves and then goes to empty when the tank is full.

usually, the sending unit in the tank corrodes so the wiper arm cant make contact any longer. A new sending unit will almost always fix it.

I'm with the broke sending unit. Remove the sender and with an Ohm meter move the arm as you take a reading of the nut/bolt for the wire and the other grounded to the top of the unit. Should move with the movement if not then probably shot. I had one in a truck tank broke the wire going down to the sender unit on the arm soldered the wire and worked again.

Not apples to apples, but the fuel gauge on my 1996 5500N did not work. Replaced the sender, and it was still off, but showed some level. When I replaced the voltage regulator inside the alternator, the gauge began to function correctly, as did the hour meter.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back