John Deere 70 Production Number Question

ROSchell

I'm looking for production numbers on the various John Deere 70 Models. I have a few books such as the John Deere Tractor Data book and a few others which give me the numbers for the Diesel, Gas, LP and All Fuel. It shows that there were approximately 17,000 Gas and 14,000 Diesel models produced. Tractor Data website then breaks it down to 5004 Standard Models with 3248 being diesel and 1035 being gas with the remainder being 385 all-fuel and 336 gas. If that's the case, that would make the 'Standard' Gas Model quite rare??? The reason I'm wondering is that I was at a farm auction this week where a 70 'Standard' gas model sold for $3400. It was running but would need restoration. If there were only 1035 made, I'm thinking that price was not out of line. Now, can anyone tell me how many Row Crop gas and Row Crop Diesels were produced? Also, can someone tell me if there is a difference between the 'Standard' model and the 'Wheatland' model, or are they the same. It seems to me I read somewhere that there were very few 'Wheatland' Models made, but I can't find any reference to a 'Wheatland' Model. Thanks in advance for any help.

Randy

Heres what I have:

General Purpose
16,000 gas
2507 All Fuel
6254 LPG
11,105 Diesel

Standard
1035 Gas
Us 30 All fuel-Export 356
337 LPG
3248 Diesel

HC
17 Gas 9 of these were exported
70 All Fuel 25 of these were exported
28 LPG 0 Exported
44 Diesel 11 of these were exported

I'm guessing that General Purpose is another name for Row Crop? That's the info I was looking for. So the 'Standard' Gas is not a very common model. Do you know anything about the 'Wheatland'? Is that just another name for 'Standard'? Thanks for the info!!!

Randy

There is a total of 2,991 70 John Deere's listed in the Yesterdays Tractors Registry, by far the most of any tractor, of any make.

So is a 70 standard just a row crop with a wide front or is there more difference. Generally a Wheatland is quite different from a row crop.

My post below was a little vague, but Deere never used the term wheatland, but other companies (IH for one) did. Deere called them standards, and they had big fenders, different sized tires, a different rear axle housing to accomodate the different fenders, and a different wide front (2 choices) than, say, a 70 row crop.

A 70 row crop or general purpose could be had with a wide front as well, but it had much more under axle clearance than those available on the standard.

Hope this helps.

In short, no 70 wheatlands.

(quoted from post at 18:05:40 04/06/16) So is a 70 standard just a row crop with a wide front or is there more difference. Generally a Wheatland is quite different from a row crop.

Can I interest you in a subscription to Green Magazine?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back