John Deere 750 Grain Drill - Tire Size?

Wondering what the factory / correct tire size for the 750 grain drill is supposed to be?

The new to us drill has 32 X 11.50 - 15(aircraft) on the casters & 12.5 L - 15 SL on the rear.

Seems to sit low on the front or high on the rear depending on your point of view.

Doesn't mention anything in our OM and the SM lists a variety of tire options but not specifically what configuration should be used on a drill with the dolly style hitch.

TIA

750 parts catalog lists 3 sizes for frt & rear wheels. 11L X 15/12.5L X 16/31-13.5 X 15. Page 55-6 in 750 OMN200486 shows the tire sizes in photo..

mvphoto82395.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/27/2021 at 03:16 am.

(quoted from post at 21:03:48 09/26/21) Wondering what the factory / correct tire size for the 750 grain drill is supposed to be?

The new to us drill has 32 X 11.50 - 15(aircraft) on the casters & 12.5 L - 15 SL on the rear.

Seems to sit low on the front or high on the rear depending on your point of view.

Doesn't mention anything in our OM and the SM lists a variety of tire options but not specifically what configuration should be used on a drill with the dolly style hitch.

TIA

I think they should all be the same diameter tire. The question is, are they? You are implying the fronts have a shorter height, I could not easily find a diameter online for the 32s you mentioned. A minute with a tape measure will tell the tale. My guess is they went to a heavier tire because they got sick of the tires rolling off the bead while turning. As long as the diameter is the same between the front and back, They are fine.

I have a 1560 drill, but I do not have the crazy wheels on front. It is 2pt hitch.

Thanks for the replies.

My SM shows the same tire options & inflation recommendations but doesn't specify the correct configuration to be installed on the machine.

The front aircraft tires are smaller than the rear implement tires.

It seemed logical that the same size tires be installed all the way around or at least a combination that results in the machine sitting level but the overall height of the tire must be important as well as it will affect the angle of the openers as they engage the soil?

What is gonna happen is the front rank will be putting a lot more pressure on the ground versus the rear rank. At best, this will cause premature wear. Also likely to cause uneven seeding depth front versus back.

It might not be too bad, though, because most of the weight of the drill is on the row units while planting.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back