John Deere B Flat Top Fenders

Am looking for a set of flat top fenders for a 1945 B. Have been told that they don't leave much clearance to sneak by for getting on and off the tractor. Have seen where someone has made a bracket to shim each fender out 2-3 inches. Has anyone done this or have pictures of what they've seen? If I cant find a decent original pair I might just buy a new reproduction set.

My b had fenders and yea it was a little tight getting up there. Buy I always climbed on behind with the drawbar and throw my leg up over the seat.

I have about a foot on either side with old original ones
cvphoto111034.jpg

The early-styled 2 cyl with pan seats like your '45 B should have plenty of room.

Late-styled with battery box seats like my '48 B have 8-1/2 inch clearance between the fender and the arm rest on the seat. A JD step mounted on the drawbar frame helps with getting on and off.

After looking at some pictures that's kind of what I noticed. Older pan style seats look like they have a lot more room than the late styled tractors. Would probably be fine on mine then.

I bought a 60 10 years ago that already had some flat tops on it. Knowing that they were not correct, I soon appreciated them. I have no problem getting on the tractor. I have a step on the left side. Don

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back