John Deere R

Got to work on my JD R today! Pony motor starter quit about 5 months ago and then i had total knee
replacement surgery and didn't work on it. took starter to a repair shop and got it back today so i
put it on and battery was no good! Got a different battery and it would spin it good but no start!
Checked spark and wasn't getting one. Took cover off of the mag and ran a finger nail file through
the points and now had spark. Poured old gas out and replaced it with new, pony motor started and the
diesel cranked up !!! Sounded good!!!

Good effort to recover before ruining the surgery. Also good effort on the R. they are just a brute. Jim

I spent a lot of hours on an R when I was young, dad said it was our safest tractor. We usually had some summer fallow for weed control, I used either a disc or cultivator.

They are one of the handsomest looking tractors, I think! I worked one winter in the R building in later years than your tractor was built...memories! Leo

Lotta love for the R....started as a teenager running a '49 R on steel. Have always had an R on the place & there will always be at least one here, my'53.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back