Just wanted to post a couple of pics of my 70 front loader that I installed on my 995/6.

1st pic is original tractor. 2nd is the control valves with quick disconnects. The control valve mounting arm is adjustable, my own design. 3rd pic is the new power beyond manifold that I got from here. 4th and 5th are the finished product. Everything almost works fine. If I raise or lower the front loader it is a tad slow but does work well. If I tilt the bucket back and forth it works fine. But if I am raising or lowering the front loader and attempt to adjust the bucket then the front loader drops until I stop the bucket. Once I stop adjusting the bucket the front loader goes back to raising normally. I ran out of time today and only noticed the malfunction as I was finishing. I bought a 3-spool valve just in case I want a 3rd function. So, without thinking much about it I hooked the bucket to the left spool and the front loader arm to the 3rd spool. I capped off the 2nd spool. I think that I need to swap the two, so the arm is the primary or 1st in line and the bucket gets what's left. I'm hoping that fixes it. Anyway, thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20231118_093411.jpg.jpg
    20231118_093411.jpg.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
  • 20240607_093525.jpg
    20240607_093525.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240607_093538 1.jpg
    20240607_093538 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20240607_163850.jpg
    20240607_163850.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240607_163923 1.jpg
    20240607_163923 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
Admittedly I'm not familiar with David Brown hydraulics, but if this is power beyond, then where in the sequence is your loader valve? I'm only seeing two lines on that valve and mostly plugs on the outlet side of the valve body. No power beyond sleeve or third return line. Am I missing something or was that intentional?

Admittedly I'm not familiar with David Brown hydraulics, but if this is power beyond, then where in the sequence is your loader valve? I'm only seeing two lines on that valve and mostly plugs on the outlet side of the valve body. No power beyond sleeve or third return line. Am I missing something or was that intentional?
Being extremely new to tractors and their hydraulics I read every post I could find on the subject. Even scoured the archives. So just to make sure I understand you when you ask about the loader valve you're meaning the control valve that directs fluid to the individual lines to make things move. If so, picture #2 shows the valve. The quick disconnects weren't hooked up yet. The PB manifold has two lines going to the control valve, the control valve is an open system. So from all the pictures and posts I could find this seemed the correct way. Everything seems to work, and I don't have any screaming pumps or other strange noise or happenings. The 3-point works fine, and I can use it while using the front loader. On the rest of your post, I don't know what a power beyond "sleeve" is and have no idea where to tap into the system to have a 3rd return line. I did see mention of a "3rd return" but pretty sure it had something to do with the right side valve of the tractor and tying the lever down so the return worked.

Pic 1 is the control valve with hoses hooked up. Pic 2 is one of the pictures I found to show me the plumbing.

Attachments

• 20240607_164001.jpg
    20240607_164001.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • good power beyond plumbing.jpg
    good power beyond plumbing.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 14
The question concerning the placement of the loader valve is simply this. As I see it currently plumbed, I would expect it is the last valve in the chain, and oil flow from that valve goes directly to the tractor reservoir. Not to any other component or to the three point lift. Since I don't know the circuitry involved in your system I don't know if that's the case or not, but somehow I suspect it's not. If there are indeed other items downstream then you should consider adding the sleeve and third line to the loader valve. Not saying it won't work as you have it, just that you would be better off down the road. Study this a bit and maybe it will help.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back