Late Blizzard

Howard H.

Got a bunch of flowers set out a few days ago in time for the norther that rolled in yesterday... Only had one fruit tree standing in the back yard this morning and highline poles down across the region... We've been without electricity for most of the day...

Never know what late April weather will do around here on the TX high plains!!!

<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">
IMG_1824.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_1824.jpg
</a>

<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">
IMG_1850.png" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_1850.png
</a>

Howard

We got 10" of snow yesterday and the power was blinking off and on all day. Today most of it melted just a few spots on the north slopes. Our trees are just starting to bud out, so we lost none. However I've seen it snow here as late as June 5th, so another month of snow yet to come.
Tom

No snow way down here but we are dealing with tornadoes. My favorite fig tree had leafed out really nice about two months ago because we had very unseasonable warm weather for the last couple of months. Highs stayed in the 80's when it should have been in the 60's. Well, of course it came a cold snap down to about 26 or so and the tree lost it's leaves. I was afraid it would die but, it started leafing out again about two weeks ago and now looks good. I wonder if it will still make figs this year? Ya'll keep that cold stuff up yonder or us southerners are going to have to "build a wall" to keep it up there....lol :D

Here in SJ the hi way department must think summer is near. They rolled up the snow fences two days ago along Rt 206.

(quoted from post at 17:19:51 04/30/17)
Got a bunch of flowers set out a few days ago in time for the norther that rolled in yesterday... Only had one fruit tree standing in the back yard this morning and highline poles down across the region... We've been without electricity for most of the day...

Never know what late April weather will do around here on the TX high plains!!!

&lt;a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

&lt;a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"&gt;[img]https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/case600lp/permanent/IMG_1850.png" border="0" alt=" photo IMG_1850.png

Better than tornados or floods!

(quoted from post at 19:58:54 04/30/17) How come every time there is a global warming rally or conference. It snows.

Aren't they calling it "Global Climate Change" now? All of their arguments one way or another keep getting busted by Mother Nature, so now they simply argue about the ever-changing weather.....as though it's supposed to stay constant all the time.

Never spent much time in the Texas Panhandle, but have heard that the weather can get pretty crazy there. As close as it is to Colorado, I guess it only makes sense that they would get some of the same late-season snow that often hits in the Rockies. Still, is really crazy (to me) to hear about snowfalls like this in Texas! Where I grew up (just north of Houston), we had a dusting of snow about once every 7 years.

I'm North of Dallas. Guess I won't gripe about my 44F this AM with clear skies after 1 ?" of rain a night B4 last.....same storm that piled snow on you.. No high wind problems like in Van Zant Co. SE of me. I grew up in the Houston area and in the 18 years I lived there, we had snow once and was just enough to build one snow man from our front yard on a city lot before you saw green grass.

Here it snowed one year, back around '85 in May where it hadn't snowed all winter. Springs in Tx. are persnickedy. Glad I got my hay patch planted April 1. Couldn't get in to do it now and getting too late anyway. Rains will cut off and heat will set in B4 you know it.

(quoted from post at 18:55:17 04/30/17)
No snow way down here but we are dealing with tornadoes. My favorite fig tree had leafed out really nice about two months ago because we had very unseasonable warm weather for the last couple of months. Highs stayed in the 80's when it should have been in the 60's. Well, of course it came a cold snap down to about 26 or so and the tree lost it's leaves. I was afraid it would die but, it started leafing out again about two weeks ago and now looks good. I wonder if it will still make figs this year? Ya'll keep that cold stuff up yonder or us southerners are going to have to "build a wall" to keep it up there....lol :D
urs did the same thing here early this spring. Hard frost, lost all leaves and early forming figs. Fast forward to now fully leafed out and forming figs again. The quality, quantity and harvest time is yet to be seen.

Ha ha... As a farmer, I would agree with you. Not sure all the
ranchers around would.

But we may have both! Some years ago we got 18 inches of snow
the 2nd week of May!! And the next day it got up to 75 or 80 and the
snow was melting off with huge, huge columns of fog that seemed to
go all the way to the sky...

And the day after that, we had a big thunderstorm roll in with a big old
tornado that went past town about a mile out... It didn't tear up
much, but it left a huge track of holes out in the pasture where it
yanked up turf in patches about 8-10 inches deep and about the size
of a watering tank or so...

Howard

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back