Light issues

I'm dumbfounded. I did some painting on the lights for my DC and after getting some gaskets for them and reinstalling the lights on the mounts only one will light up. Both headlights will work but only if mounted on the right pedestal. I did nothing different with the wiring of the lights or the wiring from the light switch on the tractor. The rear light will not work at all, even after getting a new flood bulb, where as before the red light would come on now that won't light up either. I've tried using a jumper wire from the right headlight to the left and still nothing happens to light it up. I've also used a longer wire and bolted the light from the right to the left and it will not light up. Is there a grounding issue that I'm missing? I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to some of these issues so forgive me for my lack of intellect in that regard.

I'm hoping to resolve this issue so I can get to the major issue of why the tractor won't start. It turns over like no tomorrow but doesn't seem to have any spark to ignite. I had the carburetor rebuilt a couple years ago and after installing it I can't seem to get the tractor to start.

As always thank you in advance for any and all suggestions and advice.

Gene

That's a possibility, would that effect the left side light not lighting up? Yet when I take either light and mount it on the right side of the battery stand it lights up no problem. Maybe I'll have to scuff up the area where the ground is a bit to see if that solves the problem.

I'm with the guys above. You might have painted over the ground path.
If you want a quick and easy way to prove this theory out, clamp a jumper cable to the drawbar, frame or some other GOOD ground. Grab a screwdriver in the other end of the jumper cable, then touch the recalcitrant light with the screwdriver. Scratch around a bit. Bet it lights up.....

I figured out the light issue with the headlights. As they say it's the simplest things you overlook. I had my wires crossed on the opposite light or I should say DIDN'T have them crossed. I had both lights wired the same and not opposite each other if that makes sense? Still having trouble with the rear light but I'm solving that issue by buying the original style as John Saeli told me the one I have is an aftermarket one. One issue resolved and now onto the next issue.

Thanks for the advice guys.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back