Little genius plow question

Charlie M

I just picked up 2 little genius #8 plows in not too bad a shape so I plan to repair and restore them both over the next couple of years. One of them has the beam numbers I've heard mentioned on here before on top of the beams as mentioned before but the other one has the numbers on the curved part of the beam. Same numbers, different location. I'm curious if anyone knows why. Was it made before a certain time period or a different plant or something else. It also has a bit different mold board on it - a bit narrower and with a bit wider shin. Both are 14 inch plows with the mechanical lift. Both has rubber tires but the one with the numbers on top of the beam has a steel tail wheel, the one with the numbers below the bend has a rubber tire tail wheel. No idea if they were made that way or changed over from steel to rubber. I'm hoping to have one ready for some fall plowing and hopefully can pull it with my Super C. I'm sure I have enough power but maybe not enough traction. Tractor has only one set of wheel weights and not loaded tires. May have to put a set behind my H.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back