Looking for a loader for a 1959 model 730, wide front end.

TheBartman47

New User
Searching around, looks like there are a few different loader model options that would fit, but also there seems to be variations of the same model number, like a 148 that fits newer models and brackets look different from ones that fit a 730.
Any suggestions on what specific model I need to look for that would fit my tractor?

Searching around, looks like there are a few different loader model options that would fit, but also there seems to be variations of the same model number, like a 148 that fits newer models and brackets look different from ones that fit a 730.
Any suggestions on what specific model I need to look for that would fit my tractor?

There were several manufacturers who started making loaders in the 1950's the one my dad put on our 730 standard was a Kent, if I remember correctly, and GB in Kansas made a popular 800 model which would be fitted to about anything, in fact I have one on my 4020 which I have been using for more than 40 years and watched one sell on a 4020 just yesterday. The later GB was the model 900 which was a high lift loader.

Don't forget the 52
I believe the 52 loader is for compact tractors. This is an Ag tractor.

There was/is a 52 Hay Stacker, but not what one would want as a general-purpose loader.

52l.JPG52 hs.JPG

Looks like the 45W is the best match for me... I'll start looking for that one. I would mostly use it for general-purpose, moving dirt around, etc. but can the bucket be swapped out for a round bale hay fork?

Finding a 45W loader should not be too hard if you live in the mid-west where two cylinder tractors with wide front ends are more common. The one I have is in decent condition as it was used by the PO to move snow only. Still had readable decals on the bucket. I would think the manure bucket could be modified and used as a bale mover.

CAMERA1 035.jpg

I'm still looking at options... I'd rather have a 148 loader so that the bucket is also on hydraulics. I'm concerned that the old 45 with a trip dump lever might be difficult to work with.
I found this 45 loader, and there's a video of it working on a 620 tractor, so it would definitely bolt up to my 730 without modifications, but I notice the bucket has a crack.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back