Made it home

super99

The WMT Tractorcade is done for this year. Had a great time, saw a lot of beautiful country and saw many old friends and made new ones. Hi to Dan and Dave, talked with a few people that recognized my tractor from the pictures I posted. I got to visit with Chuck a few times and paid Wally a visit for a new hat. This morning as we were getting ready to pull out, The guy behind me had a John Deere 50 that wouldn't start. He cranked on the starter 3 or 4 times and no go. I asked him if he wanted me to give him a pull to start it and he said yes and grabbed a chain and hooked it up. I pulled him a little ways and stopped, nothing, so I pulled him until I ran out of room and still no start. I got off and the drivers Dad said he didn't understand it, it always starts good. I walked around by the distributor thinking I would have him crank it over to see it he had any spark. Someone had pulled the coil wire out of the distributor. I called Dad over and asked him if he thought if we put the coil wire back on if it would start. He said it probably would help, someone must have walked by and pulled it off being funny. It popped right off, but by then the tractors were moving out and I was blocking another row, so I left them there and drove off. We got back after the short ride and I drove the tractor out to the trailer parking area and waited for a shuttle ride back to town to get my pickup. I met up with the guys I drove up with and we all got loaded up and headed home. Everybody got home safe. It was a great time, can't wait until the next one.
cvphoto91309.jpg

Just a few of the 420 tractors that were there
cvphoto91310.jpg

Some Iowa countryside
cvphoto91311.jpg

cvphoto91313.jpg

cvphoto91314.jpg

I've never been on a tractor ride and never even seen one go by. So why in the last picture are some tractors going the other way?

That day the route zigzaged and we met the group ahead of us coming back on same road.
Then later we met group behind us on the same stretch of road

It was called a zigzag figure 8. they do that every so often and different groups meet. Its kind of fun. Unfortunately theres always seems to be a little bit of politics, and jealous people and that Im sure is what happened to the young mans distributor. He probably got in front of somebody that dwanted to be ahead of him. Thus the politics, and mean people. I go for the socializing and the beautiful views. Politics, take it over there next to the toilet .. thats where it belongs. Had a great time glad I met you. Off to Indianola for the WHO next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Travels with Chuck machinist continues. Heading out tomorrow morning to Kenosha to look at a 611 B case. I got a feeling Im going to bring this one home.CM. Cant save them all ,Just a few! Those girls sure know how to make rhubarb pie

cvphoto91338.jpg

cvphoto91339.jpg

cvphoto91340.jpg

cvphoto91341.jpg

cvphoto91342.jpg

cvphoto91343.jpg

There were 6 groups, starting out with slow tractors first and fastest tractor last.

cvphoto91356.jpg

cvphoto91357.jpg

cvphoto91358.jpg

cvphoto91359.jpg

Monday was 79 miles, Tuesday was 83 miles and Wednesday was 36 miles. Some groups got longer rides because the lead driver got lost. I was in group 4 and we only went 4 or 5 miles out of the way, one day we had been back for 10 or 15 minutes when group 3 got back. We filled up with fuel each day, I used 11 1/2 gallons each day and didnt fill up Wednesday

A friend of mine painted my B and another guy's 50 at the same time. We picked them up together. When I got there they were pulling the 50 all over trying to get it started. It was backfiring so I changed the wires on the distributor and had the guy hit the starter, fired right up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back