Massey 150 3 pt problem

I have a neighbor that is having a problem with the 3 point on his Massey 150. He says it worked fine last year and he decided to change the oil out as it was a little low and hadn’t been changed in some time. Now, it won’t lift the arms. The tractor does have the dual remote bolted to the top of the lift housing and when I activated the right remote, the hoses jump ( I haven’t tested the pressure yet). The lever on the left side wouldn’t move for me but I‘m guessing it is just locked in place. We have a Massey 50 and Super 90 so I’m familiar with Massey hydraulics and how the valves work but I’m just wanting to make sure the 150 will be the same. This does have the newer style valve than our 50 and Super 90 but it is still original to that time period.

He also says that before this happened, he never had to use the left lever on the dual controls to move the 3 point. He actually used the draft and then the position if he need more movement. I guess the hoses for the right side never had any pressure before this happened either. My thought is to try to get the left lever to move and see if everything works. Is there anything else I should check?

The position and draft controls move fine but I didn’t think to try the right remote with the position in different spots to see if affected the hoses. Any idea would be appreciated!

I have a neighbor that is having a problem with the 3 point on his Massey 150. He says it worked fine last year and he decided to change the oil out as it was a little low and hadn’t been changed in some time. Now, it won’t lift the arms. The tractor does have the dual remote bolted to the top of the lift housing and when I activated the right remote, the hoses jump ( I haven’t tested the pressure yet). The lever on the left side wouldn’t move for me but I‘m guessing it is just locked in place. We have a Massey 50 and Super 90 so I’m familiar with Massey hydraulics and how the valves work but I’m just wanting to make sure the 150 will be the same. This does have the newer style valve than our 50 and Super 90 but it is still original to that time period.

He also says that before this happened, he never had to use the left lever on the dual controls to move the 3 point. He actually used the draft and then the position if he need more movement. I guess the hoses for the right side never had any pressure before this happened either. My thought is to try to get the left lever to move and see if everything works. Is there anything else I should check?

The position and draft controls move fine but I didn’t think to try the right remote with the position in different spots to see if affected the hoses. Any idea would be appreciated!
The left lever has to be locked back towards the seat for the 3 ph to work.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back