Massey Ferguson 230 serial number

mdunntul

New User
This message is a reply to an archived post by super92 on August 17, 2019 at 14:47:39.
The original subject was Re: Massey Ferguson 230 serial number.

I have a MF 230 with a serial number of 9A344543 but not of the sites with serial number lists information on serial numbers starting 9A344 SO my question is where did you find that information and do you know why its impossible to find
?

Serial number charts generally show ranges of serial numbers by showing the first serial number of each year. Serial numbers for 1981 230s started at 9A339343. The 1982 serial numbers started at 9A350584. Since your serial number of 9A344543 is after 9A339343 and before 9A350584 your tractor is a 1981 machine.

While super92 may be following along and not posting or may be using a different handle for some reason, it looks like he last posted in May of 2021.

Just so you know. This site uses two different views. Modern View brings old posts to the "top". People using Modern view will see your post and the original post you are tagged onto, so they see the "whole" story related to your post. People using the Classic view generally only see your post as "Re" to the original post, if they see it at all, none of that original post. This is because Classic does not bring old posts to the top like Modern does; they stay in the list where they were posted in time, where your post shows as current. People, using Classic, can swap over to Modern to see the original post, but likely many will not bother to do that. You are best to start your own new post and fully describe your needs, instead of tagging on to an old post.

Hopefully by the end of the year the site will have new forum software and both current formats will be replaced by one.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 10/25/2023 at 02:11 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back