massey harris 102 js versus massey harris 30

2N-M5-MH30

New User
I am planning to restore a massey harris 30 that has sat for 60 years....was my dad's.

My question is....will brake covers and shoes from a MH 102 JS (which is really a gasoline 101 Junior with standard front end)?
Realizing the transmission is different internally but are they the same outside? Wishing I had parts books for both!

I believe the motor is the same but notable differences are the position of the air cleaner and the governor is mounted on the front side of the motor as opposed to the MH30 where it is near the carb. I would need the motor out of the 102/101 to replace my MH30...

The carb is also different in terms of the choke and throttle connections (102/101 on the outside and the MH30 next block). Air cleaner tube goes toward front and around to the left side on the 102/101. I think same carb.

Where does one find motor parts for the Massey Harris line? Distibutor parts...cap,points etc; brake parts? In canada Agco bought Massey Fergusson but I am not sure they wuld have parts.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks everyone.

Stay safe and healthy.

Brian

(quoted from post at 22:07:56 12/01/20) The EARLY MH 30 had internal band brakes, like the 101/102 have. The LATE 30 uses internal shoe type brakes..

Thanks for this information. The MH 30 I have is certainly an early model. It is a 1947, serial number in the 5000 area. It has the band brakes. I have removed one of the covers.

So the 101 will have the same covers/brakes as the early MH30?

Can we buy these bands anymore? or new pads and rivets?

Thanks for your help.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back