Mccormick CX100 Turbo

1hoosier1

New User
I have a CX100 with turbo issues. Its still working right now but the main shaft is loose. I started shopping for turbos and here's where I am stuck. Is there a good brand to buy? I've seen prices from $300-1400 and they all look the same. Anyone have a good source or is there a better turbo I can put on to get a little more power?

I have a CX100 with turbo issues. Its still working right now but the main shaft is loose. I started shopping for turbos and here's where I am stuck. Is there a good brand to buy? I've seen prices from $300-1400 and they all look the same. Anyone have a good source or is there a better turbo I can put on to get a little more power?
Isn’t that just a 4.0 liter Perkins? With the engine S/N, I would think you could get the correct turbo from your local Cat dealer. Especially if they have a Power Systems or industrial engine division.

I would not recommend buying anything other than the correct turbo. Turbos are designed and matched very carefully to fit the engines’s needs for air flow, volume, boost, and more.

Isn’t that just a 4.0 liter Perkins? With the engine S/N, I would think you could get the correct turbo from your local Cat dealer. Especially if they have a Power Systems or industrial engine division.

I would not recommend buying anything other than the correct turbo. Turbos are designed and matched very carefully to fit the engines’s needs for air flow, volume, boost, and more.
I've found listings for the exact one for it. Mu issue is the price difference and yet they all look like the same turbo. I work on cars for a living and know the difference in quality of parts. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good supplier that was affordable

I've found listings for the exact one for it. Mu issue is the price difference and yet they all look like the same turbo. I work on cars for a living and know the difference in quality of parts. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good supplier that was affordable
Understand. But as someone who worked with turbos for most of the 30 years I was at Cat, I’ll caution you. Yes, there are only a handful of actual turbo manufacturers. And they produce some nearly identical products for their various customers. But the subtle differences between most all of the part numbers can bite you. That said, if you google the original part number, you might identify an alternative part number or source. But it will be buyer beware How big is the price difference? Is it worth the chance? Perhaps I’m a bit too risk adverse, when it comes to components like turbos.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back