mechanicfred: Car body dipping question

redtom

Mechanicfred, I asked a while ago if anyone here had a body dipped and you replied about your Ramcharger that you had done. I just had my Scout body dipped and have some
questions about my next steps. If you are willing, I'd like to chat with you about how a few things are best done. My email is open or phone 989-395-3098. Thanks in
advance

I'm not sure I would want it done. They start with a sodium hydroxide solution which is a type of salt. It seems like no matter how much you wash it you can't get it all off especially in the seams. I used to have a hot dip tank in my business and would strip metal cabinets. The only difference is I didn't have a phosphoric acid tank to dip as a second step.

(quoted from post at 14:37:08 05/21/23) I'm not sure I would want it done. They start with a sodium hydroxide solution which is a type of salt. It seems like no matter how much you wash it you can't get it all off especially in the seams. I used to have a hot dip tank in my business and would strip metal cabinets. The only difference is I didn't have a phosphoric acid tank to dip as a second step.

Sodium hydroxide is not a salt. It is a caustic, which is necessary for breaking down of any grease or oils that would prevent the acid from working. Residual sodium hydroxide is neutralized instantaneously by the acid.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back