MF 202 3PT Lift Arms Stuck UP

I've got a '65 MF 202 with Z134 engine. It has PTO and 3PT lift and a factory MF 200 loader.

It's my primary snow mover with a 7' blade 3PT back blade and the bucket when it gets too deep for the blade, which hasn't happened for years in central IA. The
tranny, PTO, and 3PT lift are about the only systems I haven't touched since owning it for 15+ years.

The blade occasionally gets stuck in the up position and stays there regardless of what I do with the lift controls. Parking it and letting it slowly bleed down
overnight seems to be the only fix. The next time I start it and use the blade it usually behaves.

I'm ready to tackle it and get it right. What am I likely looking for?

When I first purchased my MF202 the lift arms would rise to the top when the engine was started. They would just stay there no matter what I did with the control lever. I was getting the tractor at a good price figuring that I might need to spend some money getting that fixed.

When I drove it home from the sellers house a few blocks from me, I removed the dip stick inspection plate and found the linkage to be stuck. I gently pried it loose and it's been working perfectly ever since.

I had an 8N with that problem - it turned out to be the piston was sticking in the cylinder. After I fixed the cylinder and piston, I always left the 3-point arms down when I parked it; no more problems.

(quoted from post at 12:10:43 12/20/22) Inspection plate seems like a good start, thanks. Don't want to get into the piston unless I have to!

Yep, remove the plate and work the lever and you can see what it's doing or not doing.

(quoted from post at 12:27:19 12/19/22) I've got a '65 MF 202 with Z134 engine. It has PTO and 3PT lift and a factory MF 200 loader.

It's my primary snow mover with a 7' blade 3PT back blade and the bucket when it gets too deep for the blade, which hasn't happened for years in central IA. The
tranny, PTO, and 3PT lift are about the only systems I haven't touched since owning it for 15+ years.

The blade occasionally gets stuck in the up position and stays there regardless of what I do with the lift controls. Parking it and letting it slowly bleed down
overnight seems to be the only fix. The next time I start it and use the blade it usually behaves.

I'm ready to tackle it and get it right. What am I likely looking for?

It's been a couple weeks since you posted your problem. Did you get the problem fixed? It can be very helpful when people post the fix to their problem. Some people may have similar problems and your fix may help them. Also, it's considered good manners.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back