to be working correctly with the
Compensator Link removed.

So my question is, when not running and
the throttle set to idle, should the
Compensator Spring have tension on it?
cvphoto106346.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Stan

It should always have tension on it to do any good, even more at idle. At wide open throttle setting it helps the friction disc hold it's setting so throttle lever stays put.

Thanks.
It seems as the governor is not working. Apparently the bumper screw is backed all the way out. If I turn it in, the engine speed increases. From what I read, it should be holding the linkage at idle. Any thoughts?

A correctly set/working governor does not need the bumper spring, governor to carb rod length is critical. On your engine, if rod is too short governor will be lazy, and if rod is too long governor will surge. There must be no binding of the rod ends either for the governor to work smoothly.

Thanks,
I'll go back over the linkage. The rod to the carb is too short by an 1/8. I'll pick up up a rod coupling.

Is it normal that the bumper screw changes RPM?

Do you know of a source for the Governor Spring?

Well I finally got some time over the weekend to correct the linkage.

I made a new one for the carb, adding a 1/2 to it. The throttle spring looked unstreachecd, however it didn't hold the linkage tight to the Govenor arm. I ended up adding 3/8 to the linkage rather than trying to shorten the spring. The Governor is working correctly.

I haven't put the Compensator spring back yet, I'm not sure if the link is correct.

Here's my question, How do I set the max RPM's? I believe I just turn the U bolt and I don't adjust the throttle linkage. Is that correct? The reason I ask is because of the Compensator Spring and Link are questionable. The service manual says to set the U bolt so the link just touches the accelerator rod.

Thanks everyone for their help.
Stan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back