MF 35 - Adding hydraulics?

MF_35_Noob

New User
There are a few issues I have with my MF 35. Now it is time to either modernize it, or buy something newer.

It has a front loader with a trip bucket. The loader has single directional hydraulic pistons. These gets fed via a selector valve that selects between the front loader and the three point hitch. Both systems are controlled by the same three point hitch controls.

This selector valve is positioned right by the three point hitch controls. It is not on the top hydraulic lift cover plate.

Whenever I operate the front loader, the three point hitch gets lowered as well. Having to lock the three point hitch on its cradle is no good when I constantly switch back and forth between the loader and the rear blade. Also, sometimes the locked arms gets knocked off its notches.

I can operate my three point hitch without affecting the front.

I want to be able to operate my front loader without the three point hitch coming down.

I don't like the trip bucket system. I want to add a two way cylinder to be able to tilt the bucket in a controlled manner.

I don't have the need to operate both the front loader and the three point hitch simultaneously.

I won't replace the single way loader cylinders. They work just fine.

Having auxiliary hydraulics in the back would be nice.

My existing hydraulics also need repair. I-m only able to lift 20 pounds in the bucket. The three point hitch works perfect. Can't figure it out.

The front loader does not sag once I've gotten it to the height I want it, and I can't see any leaks.

I've been looking at a three lever control:

The middle lever swaps between one directional and two way. The right and left operates the tilt. It bolts directly to where the lid for the directional valve usually sits. In order to activate and to get fluid to the external valve, then the controls for position control on the tractors hydraulic controls needs to be set to constant pumping. I'm not sure what all of this means or what it implies.

Again, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Steiner has a 3 spool valve kit that mounts in front of the seat that will do what you want. It is pricey but not out of line when you add up the cost of the individual parts. Part number
MFS3633.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back