MF 50 Brakes and Axle Seal Replacement Questions

Bill VA

Both of my MF 50s need either some rim repair around the tube steam or new rear rubber. When and if I tackle this, I should probably address the
brakes as they are weak on one tractor and the other almost doesnt have brakes in reverse.

How same or similar are the brakes on the MF 50 vs the 35 and 135?

Anything else I should look for and or repair while I have the wheels off?

Thanks!
Bill

If you have drum brakes the internal seals may be bad and letting oil onto the shoes. I replaced mine a few years ago on my 135 because I had no brakes at all. If the shoes are good but oil soaked you can burn the oil off with a propane torch. don't get them too hot because the bonding will let go if you do. Seals are not hard to replace, all you have to do is pull out the axle.

This site YT indicates (Part Number)the Brake Drums and Brake shoes are the same on both MF 50's and MF 35's..

I purchased a set of brake shoes that had been on a shelf for many years. There was note on the Box SHOES DO NOT fit MF 50.I have no idea what the shoes were original for.

I drilled the holes as per pictures and brake shoes work 100% on my 1963 MF 35....)

Rear Axel seals have never been changed on my 1963 MF 35 X.......

Bob..

cvphoto163665.jpg

cvphoto163666.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back