What is the purpose of axle being optioned
to be reversed?
Also what horse power to run this.
I have one sitting next to the shed. Tires
flat, blade dull. Other than that is maybe
good. These old mowers worth it, if I were
to spend $ on tires, pto shield, etc.
No. 84 Rotary Cutter

Guess reverse axle fwd if not towing with a good 3 point+ chain set up, otherwise , wheels back. Value- start with 2/3 value of a Woods in your area if gearbox good, deck good or welded/ 120% of Chineese king Kutter types new. Gear box should hold gear oil, unless plate said otherwise.

Just has a tongue, no 3pt attachments on the mower. So makes sense axle is presently swept back. Thanks for input.

Oops, think I got that wrong, you are saying when pulling by tongue as drag mower, a fella should move the wheels forward.

Tailwheels on three-point mowers generally pivot/swivel for turning those wheels don't. I would say it is drawbar pull either way the wheels are set. It will be the narrower with the wheels behind (rather than outside the deck width) and a wheel won't be packing grass down with the wheels behind. Turning radius and weight on the drawbar would be a bit different if the wheels were behind the mower instead of about middle of the mower when in the forward position. There might be a design reason for the two positions, but it looks a lot like width and personal choice to me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back