Montgomery Wards Air Compressor

Aaron

Well-known Member
I recently purchased a small used air compressor from an estate auction. All the items at the auction were owned by an elderly gentleman and all came with the original operator"s manual. I got a 1hp, 12 gal, 5CFM compressor for $20 and didn"t think that was too bad. It is a Montgomery Wards model 6557.

I would like to obtain any information I can about the pump itself as far as manufacture, if the rate can be increased, etc. It appears in great shape and just want to make sure everything is "up to snuff" with the proper oil and proper preventative maintainance.

Any informaton you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
 
Aaron, it is pretty much all you get out of it so if you want more you will need to get a bigger one.

Not sure who made them but MW is Kaput so you have an orphan and when its gone it pretty much gone as parts if available will cost more than a new one will.
One thing these older pumps if taken care of will last just about for ever.

Walt
 
Boosting the output is a good way to make a short life for the pump, valves, motor, etc.

Those old compressors that ran nice and slow didn't put out a lot of air, but they'll run nearly forever! What you have is probably a collectible...
 
Aaron;
I have a Montgomery Wards compressor unit & I'm pretty sure the compressor is a Campbell Hausfeld.

Vern
 
Had one from Wards that I sold a few years ago. It was a Cambell Hausfeld. Went on their site and found a model which looked like it. Was able to use that for a parts guide. They haven't changed the basics to this day. Most of the parts will intercahnge. We have a local motor/compressor shop, he took one look at it and was able to get any part I needed for it. Only reason I sold it was because it was 220v only. That kinda limited its usefulness.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top