Moving tires on John Deere 3010

ReTex5

Howdy y'all, went to move the tires on my new to me 3010 and noticed that some bolts are missing.

I have the 3 cap screws on both sides but don't have the 2 Jack screws.

What exactly do they do?

Can I just move my tires and go back to work?

If not what size are these screws and or what is the Deere number for them?

Thanks in advance.

The pinion shaft aka jack screw is part # A4380R which subs to R83588 @ $76.93 each. You can probably purchase used screw at tractor salvage yard.

You can view 3010 parts catalog @ https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57657/referrer/navigation/pgId/268504
mvphoto97529.png

This post was edited by Tx Jim on 09/23/2022 at 02:52 am.

WOW, that is a crazy expensive bolt, and
here's the thing, I need all 4.

Here's hoping I can find them at a salvage
yard.

Is it safe to use the tractor without
them? Just until I can find some.

The jack bolts are only used to move the wheels. You can buy 2 and use them to move your wheels and then store them somewhere else. Your owners manual will give complete directions on moving the wheels. Tom

One way to move the wheels is to turn the wheel so that the pinion shaft, #12, is on the bottom. Get the wedges loose and the wheel will drop down so that the pinion does not engage, You can slide the wheel in or out without having to get the pinion loosened up. Be careful that the wheel doesn't tip with the wedges loosened or gone.
cvphoto136478.png

cvphoto136479.png

Parts list is from a 730 but should be the same.

Might be what I wind up doing, not a lot of these old tractors near me, and $80 is a lot right now.

I love it when the recommendation is to
hit it with a large hammer.

I know that's what I do in place of yoga,
really helps to get you in your happy
place.

Not that I am a violent person mind you,
:).

I would like to thank all y'all for your help, especially Mr. TX Jim, I found a guy who had a set of bolts in the next town over for $30.

I'll get them tires moved tomorrow and be back in business.

You're welcome.
I had a thought. Bolt part # I posted was designed to move wheel in/out on axle & requires 1 bolt on each wheel. Earlier you mentioned needing 4 bolts which makes me think you need the 2 bolts(item 9) on each side to loosen wedges which are original part # A4882R which subs to R39758
mvphoto97566.png

One thing not mentioned yet is that someone in the past may have snapped them off when trying to move them. If that is the case, you really should get the broken ones out because they can prevent you from properly tightening the wedges. They could also have been turned out too far and the little keeper could have been pulled off. That would be a better scenario.

I moved the wheels on both my 3010s for what could be the first time in decades. It can get INVOLVED

mvphoto97597.jpg

mvphoto97598.jpg

mvphoto97599.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back